Convert Outlook PST to mbox, eml, vcs, ics
1) Download and install PST Converter Pro
2. Add the PSt files to PST Converter Pro.
3) All Mail, Contacts and Calendar folders are selected by default. If you want to exclude any of “Mails”, “Contacts” or “Calendar” from conversion then uncheck the corresponding checkbox. You can further customize your selection by working with various conversion options as described in Working with Conversion Options. Now click on Action dropdown and choose “Convert To” and select the target format from target dropdown as shown in following figure Fig. 1.
If you uncheck “Contacts” then you will not see “*.vcf” in Target formats combobox as shown in this figure. Similarly “*.eml” and “*.mbox” will not be displayed when “Mails” unchecked and “*.ics” will not be displayed if “Calendar” unchecked
3) In this example we want to convert all of “Mails”, “Contacts” and “Calendar” so all corresponding checkboxes are checked. If you want to import contacts to Apple Address Book (OSX 10.4 or later) then check ”Merge Contacts In One File” checkbox. It will give you a single “vcf” file with all contacts in it. Similarly check “Merge Calendar Events in One File” for Apple iCal (OSX 10.4 or later) as shown in Fig. 2. Other software applications may also support import from a single vcf file with multiple contacts or single ics file with multiple calendar events. Now choose desired target format from any of “*.mbox, *.vcf, *.ics” and “*.eml, *.vcf, *.ics” from target format combobox. Also if you want to split MBOX files automatically then please check the “Split MBOX files” button.
Fig. 2: Options Panel
4) Click on “Convert” button. A folder selection dialog will appear where you can either choose any already existing folder or create a new folder.
5) “Conversion Progress” screen will slide into the view which displays details of current item being processed as well as overall progress as described in Conversion Progress
6) Once conversion is complete you will see conversion completion report. A detailed conversion report is also saved on your “Desktop” with name “PST Conversion Report ##.txt” where ## represents the date and time when conversion started. The converted folder contains the same folder hierarchy as present in Outlook or PST File you selected as source.
Mail folders contain “*.mbox” (or “*.eml”) files whereas contact folder contains “*.vcf” files. Calendar folder contains “*.ics” files along with all event details converted to “*.mbox” (or “*.eml”) as shown in following figure.
Outlook Calendar Events can have rich text content as well as various kind of attachments but these things cannot be directly included inside a standard iCalendar (“*.ics”) file format. So “PST Converter Pro” provides you a smart solution to ensure no data loss by additionally converting all calendar events to “*.mbox” or “*.eml” according to your choice.
After importing the converted iCalendar file into a program (i.e. Apple iCal or any other program which supports import form iCalendar files), when you open any migrated calendar event, you will see a note added to the end of the event description as shown in figure.)
(Example from Apple iCal) You can see full rich text content and attachments corresponding to this event by opening a converted mail item with subject prefixed by “CalRef ID #######” in folder “Calendar_References”.
Note : Windows and Outlook are trademarks of Microsoft Corp. Macintosh / Mac are trademarks of Apple Computer Inc. “PST Converter Pro” and www.pstconverterpro.com are not associated with or endorsed by Microsoft Corp. or Apple Computer Inc.
PST Converter V 2.0.410 - 24/6/2014
Fixed - Emails might have invalid header. Improved header validation and generation logic.
PST Converter V 2.0.315 - 25-4-2014
Fixed - a bug in case email has invalid transport header. Force to generate header from message prop bags..
PST Converter V 2.0.310 - 18/12/2013
1) Updated product documentation.
2) Fixed a bug with Birth date conversion in European Time zones
PST Converter V 2.0.305 - 28/11/2013
Fixed - a crash in Contact conversion if no emails selected.
PST Converter V 2.0.302 - 07/11/2013
Fixed - a rare crash while opening pst files with a particular element.